Friday, June 8, 2012

Learning Portfolio task - Music

Review your experience of creating a profile on last.fm (or a similar site). If you had a profile already,  describe  how you use it in your everyday life and the role played by the internet on your music listening


I've always considered myself to be a fairly early adopter of new technologies. Not the first person in, but amongst the first in my circle. For online music consumption it has been completely the opposite. I'm not sure if we (my husband & I) are still suffering a hangover from previously having an indie music store, but, just recently we made the massive move to get all our CD's (hundreds & hundreds of them) online or at least on some sort of drive. From here, we have started to really discover online music. Early stages, but now getting to the point that if I hear something on the radio I will find it and get it. It seems very impulsive! 
Triple J have been talking a lot about being on Spotify so I have created an account/profile for this learning task. https://www.spotify.com/us/.  So easy to do. I've not joined before, because it bothers me that when you listen it seems to appear in your Facebook feed. Does this have to happen? Anyone use Spotify?  The site looks good, clean and easy to navigate. I will use the long weekend to play on the site and see if it captures me!
For the learning portfolio task I also created a profile on last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/sareski, I did this has I have very limited working knowledge of music sharing sites, and really wanted to have a look at more than one. 


cheers
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Just love your article.I do always look over your website for new articles.I am recently working on an app how to get spotify premium apk for free thats going awesome and special thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete