Wednesday, December 21, 2011

End of Year Exhaustion or EOYE

Yesterday, I clocked off for the year.  Flicked on my out of office email, switched my phone to voicemail and tried to avoid any work. Being at stay at home mum - this didn't really work for my 4 & 2.5 year olds.  They hassled me, jumped on me and generally conjouled me back into parenthood. One more sleep til Daddy/Hubby is off for the year - then I'm getting me a rest! 


Yesterday was also the day I realised that this blog cannot be part of my upcoming assignment on web presence. You see, I've not created a clear presence here.  So, I need a plan for world domination (well, a plan to successfully pass web101).  It might be about upcycling and recycling in a crafty way. Maybe.


Two phrases struck me this week in our coursework both in regards to the concept of Web 2.0. 
'The architecture of participation' - Tim O'Reilly and the idea of the greater population saying 'I could do that too' -  Clay Shirky Web 2.0 talk. These both speak to me about the inclusiveness of the Web moving forward.  I like to think that Web 2.0 is Dynamic, Moving, Strong and Mine. (maybe someone will quote me one day!)


I've started being a little more brave in my approach to the web 2.0 applications and through creating usernames (our activity for the week) I am beginning my journey. I'm hoping that through this unit I'll start to understand these applications and what they are used for. The social apps of Web 2.0 seem to be a major driver of making the internet a more user friendly for everybody. The reading 'The Wisdom of Chaperones' through its cynical look at the concept of wisdom of crowds helped me see the potential dark  side to collaboration and made me giggle!!  


Assignment 1 - eeeek.


I wish you all a lovely break (if you get one!)


Sarah
x

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this tiny font makes me vom in my mouth a little bit....or you are a person of extreme exaggeration. You decide.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. look, it is a little too small....and I just don't have the skilz to fix it. Killing my vibe. BUT I'm happy I've blogged againl xxxx

    ReplyDelete